Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I rediscovered a genre today. Interactive fiction. That is, text-adventures, like the games Infocom used to make. You know, Infocom. Zork.

. . .

If you're seriously trying to tell me you've never even heard of Zork, how the hell did you find my Blog?

What do you mean you don't even know me? Get the hell out of here! Sheesh, can't even blog in private these days.

Anyways, if you already know what I'm talking about, check out this. It's pretty good, and it's online so you don't have to mess around with a downloading an interpreter. If you really don't know what I'm talking about and are still here reading, then still go there. You type what you want to do. Keep your sentences real simple, a couple of words long -- you're dealing with computers and they're dumb as rocks. Think verb noun level of simple and you'll do alright.

The written word is an amazing thing. Play with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home